Carpet cleaning videos have been an online trend for some time. A lot of people like them for a variety of reasons — they’re calming, satisfying, and cool to watch. But have you ever wondered about the behind-the-scenes of those videos? If so, it’s your lucky day. Here’s a rundown of how carpet cleaning services work.
What Does Carpet Cleaning Involve?
What carpet cleaning services do is in the name: people you hire to clean your carpet. However, professional carpet cleaners do not just use a common brush or dishwashing liquid to do the job. They have the equipment and different cleaning methods, depending on what their clients need. Carpet cleaners can also be certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC).
How Often Should Carpets Be Cleaned?
All experts agree that carpets should be professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months. It may not look like it, but carpets can carry a lot of dust, dirt, and grime, even if you remove noticeable stains from time to time.
Types of Carpet Cleaning
There are five types of methods used by professionals:
- Dry Carpet Cleaning. This method uses a mixture of cleaning products, solvents, detergents, and a small amount of water. This mixture is then sprinkled all over the carpet, creating clumps that absorb the dirt. These clumps will be vacuumed afterward.
- In this method, the carpet is vacuumed before the cleaner applies the encapsulating chemical. This chemical absorbs and separates the dirt from the carpet with the help of an agitator machine. The carpet will be vacuumed again afterward.
- This is a low-moisture method as the carpet’s surface is treated by a chemical. After the chemical dries, an agitator machine helps it remove the dirt. The name comes from the cotton bonnet pad attached to the agitator machine.
- This uses hot steam at high pressure to remove the dirt from the carpet. This also helps eliminate the mold, mites, and bad odor from the carpet.
- Hot Water Extraction. This is what people see in trending carpet cleaning videos online. This method involves high-pressure hot water and cleaning agents to clean the carpet right down to the fibers. The cleaner will first vacuum the area. Then, they’ll spray a mixture of hot water and a cleaning agent on the whole area. This spray is high-pressure to help dislodge the dirt from the carpet. Then, the circular rotating brushes will help remove the dirt further. After this, they will extract the moisture along with the soil and dirt with their extracting equipment.
Why Should You Hire Professional Carpet Cleaning Services?
There are multiple benefits to getting your carpets cleaned professionally. Here are a few:
- Professional carpet cleaning services will help extend your carpet’s life. As said before, carpet cleaners are IICRC-certified, so they follow IICRC’s guidelines in cleaning carpets. This ensures that your carpet is cleaned in the safest way possible. If you try to do it by yourself, especially through hot water extraction, you’ll run into issues while cleaning your carpet.
- Of course, who wants to see a dirty rug every day? You’ll feel a lot better if you see your carpet clean and just like how it looked in the store when you bought it.
- Stubborn stains. Even if you clean stains right away, they might still leave a mark on your carpet. Especially if it’s something like pet pee, wine, or blood, it’s better if you leave the cleaning to the professionals.
- All the dirt, dust, and grime marinating in your carpet has germs and bacteria in it. If you leave it for too long, your carpet will be a hotbed for these microorganisms and can make you and your family sick.
If you have any carpet in your home or establishment, investing in carpet cleaning services is a good idea. It will keep your carpet safe from damage and will last for a very long time. Aside from that, keeping it clean will ensure your family’s health and safety, especially in the times we’re in now. It’s better to be safe than sorry!
If you’re looking for a Gainesville carpet cleaning company, Steamworks is here for you. With our 20 years of experience, you can be sure that your carpet and home are in the best hands.